Foley Alternative High School - Area Learning Center
131 5th Avenue South
Foley, MN 56329
High School Principal: Mr. Shayne Kusler
High School Office: 320-968-7246
ALC Coordinator: Mr. Steven Drake 320-968-4747
The Foley Alternative High School has an enrollment of 12 full full-time students in grades 9-12. The schedule consists of six 50 minute classes meeting five days per week, 8:10 am – 2:01 pm. Students generally take six classes a day at the ALC, but are encouraged to enroll in classes in the mainstream High School as well. Attendance is required every day on a full-time basis. Students must be a minimum of 16 years old to attend the Foley Alternative program.
Graduation Requirements – Class of 2009 and beyond
- 44 semester credits including
- 8 in Language Arts
- 7 in Social Studies
- 6 in Math
- 6 in Science
- 2 in Art/Music
- 1 in Physical Education
- Total required credits 30
- Total elective credits 18
- TOTAL CREDITS 48 (44 REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION)
- This is a seat-time program with a possible work-study component. Students are required to pass the MN competencies in reading, math and written composition.
- Foley ALC's Parent Access Portal
- Utilize this link to log into the Foley ALC's Parent Access portal to see student progress at the Area Learning Center. Login information should be the same as the credentials used to enter the FHS Parent Access. Questions should be directed to the Foley High School office.